- Bulk data for Congress.gov bills, bill status, and bill summaries
- MARC records - bibliographic information for most of the Library’s collections. 25 million records are available for exploration in UTF-8, MARC8, and XML formats.
- Sample MARC data set and ReadMe file
- Chronicling America Bulk OCR Data – text only
- Chronicling America Bulk Data – image, metadata, and OCR text batches
- Loc.gov JSON API External - provides data about Library of Congress digital collections. The API is a work in progress and subject to change.
- Chronicling America APIs - over 12 million (and growing) digitized historic newspaper pages from almost every U.S. state and territory.
- American Archive of Public Broadcasting APIs External more than 7,000 historic public radio and television programs are available for streaming and more content will be added periodically. In addition, the website provides data records for approximately 2.5 million items inventoried by public broadcasting stations for this project.
- World Digital Library APIs - significant primary materials from many cultures and countries, with contextual information available in multiple languages.
- Accessing images for image analysis External on Loc.gov
- Using the Loc.gov JSON External to grab WWI Sheet Music
- Cats or dogs? External An example of exploring the Chronicling America API
- Search the Library of Congress External from your browser in one step
- Change image URLs External to rotate and resize images on loc.gov
- Extracting location data from the loc.gov API for geovisualization External with the Historic American Engineering Survey