Project Kick Off Fall 2020
LC Labs hosts a number of experiments that provide alternative ways to access collections. Newspaper Navigator, Citizen DJ, Southern Mosaic, LC for Robots and Library of Colors provide different entry points and ways of browsing or seeing Library of Congress collections. Labs has engaged the UK firm Digirati to help analyze how these and similar applications and approaches serve user needs. Recommendations and demonstrations based on user research, user testing, and prototyping will help clarify next steps toward realizing key goals in the Digital Strategy, specifically to support emerging styles of research, maximize the use of collections, to connect to users where they are, and to build toward the horizon.
- Can you help? Seeking people to take part in user research. December 18, 2020.
- Experimental Access to Digital Collections and Data: User Research Report. April 8, 2021.
- Experimental Access to Digital Collections and Data Final Report: Project Overview, Findings, and Recommendations. March 2022.
- Prototype 1: Fat Item Page demo video.
- Prototype 2: Clustering Search Results demo video.